We like to use tape as an adjunct therapy post treatment. It is a great tool to help with healing and recovery.
1. It can help with continued decompression of the tissue. It has been shown to lift the skin from the fascia and help separate the others for better movement.
2. It sends signals to the brain that there is something there and movement. Movement shuts down pain sensitivity in the brain.
3. Can help activate the muscle through nervous system input. The body says there is something there and it activates the muscles.
4. Can be used to improve posture.
5. We often use it to help relieve swelling, edema and bruising.
Ask us if taping would help you.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions.
Ay S, Konak HE, Evcik D, Kibar S. The effectiveness of Kinesio Taping on pain and disability in cervical myofascial pain syndrome. Rev Bras Reumatol Engl Ed. 2017 Mar-Apr;57(2):93-99. English, Portuguese. doi: 10.1016/j.rbre.2016.03.012. Epub 2016 May 10. PMID: 28343625.
Cho YT, Hsu WY, Lin LF, Lin YN. Kinesio taping reduces elbow pain during resisted wrist extension in patients with chronic lateral epicondylitis: a randomized, double-blinded, cross-over study. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2018 Jun 19;19(1):193. doi: 10.1186/s12891-018-2118-3. PMID: 29921250; PMCID: PMC6010177.
Shih HS, Chen SS, Cheng SC, Chang HW, Wu PR, Yang JS, Lee YS, Tsou JY. Effects of Kinesio taping and exercise on forward head posture. J Back Musculoskelet Rehabil. 2017;30(4):725-733. doi: 10.3233/BMR-150346. PMID: 28282792.